The European Research Council (ERC) was set up by the European Commission. It provides funding for top researchers in order to promote basic research and visionary projects, and to enable new interdisciplinary fields to be explored.
About half of FAU’s ERC grants have been awarded to members of the Faculty of Sciences.
- Prof. Dr. Florian Marquardt, Chair of Theoretical Physics
- Prof. Dr. Ana-Suncana Smith, Professor for Theoretical Physics
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Maier, Professor for Experimental Physics (Scanning Probe Microscopy)
- Prof. Dr. Aldo Pratelli, Chair of Mathematics
- Prof. Dr. Peter Hommelhoff, Chair of Laser Physics
- Prof. Dr. Julien Bachmann, Professor for Inorganic Chemistry
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Hirsch, Chair of Organic Chemistry II
- Prof. Dr. Gerd Leuchs, Chair of Experimental Physics (Optics)
- Prof. Dr. Vahid Sandoghdar, Chair of Experimental Physics