Already today many international doctoral candidates delve deeply into their projects at FAU’s Faculty of Sciences. We are looking forward to welcoming still more young talented researchers here in Erlangen. Pursuing a doctorate at one of Germany’s best research universities offers you outstanding career prospects.
The first step to a successful time as a doctoral candidate at FAU is to find a professor who is willing to accept you to his working group and to act as your supervisor.
Please note that at FAU interested students get directly in touch with potential supervisors.
- Have a close look at the research profiles and – projects of the professors and check the websites of our departments
- Get directly in touch with potential supervisors with reference to their research work
- Let the professors know about your skills and present your own research ideas and interests.
After receiving a written support letter from your supervisor
- Please register your project with our Database DocDaten. This is a requirement to enrol as a doctoral candidate.
- Get in touch with our colleagues from the Welcome Centre. They will assist you in all questions concerning your life in Erlangen (visa, housing, cultural programme,…)
In case you are planning a Cotutelle-Promotion, please contact our Graduate School. The colleagues there will be happy to advise you.
Advice on how to finance your doctoral studies in Germany can be found here on the website of the Faculty of Sciences or for example in the database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Please also do not hesitate to contact the Office for Internationalisation if you have any questions.